Home

Hostal Casa de Grethel

Casa de Grethel, is a beautiful house in the peninsula of San Miguel (Tayazal), we have a private deck with view of Flores.

The hostel has all that you need for enjoy your days in Flores, Petén.

If you like to walk you can do it around of Tayazal and visit a small ruin, public beach and have a complete view of Flores, San Andre and San Jose.

Near by you can also find a zoo and 2 museums you can visit them walking or boat

By the night you can go to the bar of Flores or just enjoy it in the deck of the hostel with music and national beer.

We can offer you a complete kitchen, dining outdoors, exercise machines, Wi-Fi and Netflix

Casa de Grethel offers you private, single, double, triple, deluxe with Jacuzzi rooms and dorm.

Flores

Isla de Flores is an island located in Lake Peten Itzá that administratively belongs to the Department of Peten, Guatemala. Formerly known by the natives as “Tayasal”. The Spanish conquerors destroyed Tayasal in the sixteenth century, being abandoned until the eighteenth century.

It was named Flores in honor of a prominent Guatemalan independence leader, named Cirilo Flores. The Island is located 127 meters above sea level, and is connected to land by a small artificially constructed causeway.

Petén

Petén (in itzá: Noh Petén, ‘Great Island’)? is a department of Guatemala located in the extreme north of the country. It limits to the north with Mexico; To the south with the departments of Izabal and Alta Verapaz; To the east with Belize; And to the west with Mexico.

It has a territorial extension of 35,854 km², which makes it the largest department of Guatemala as well as the largest sub-national entity in Central America. Flores, the departmental head, is located approximately 488 km from the national capital. Approximately 60% of the population is mestizo or Ladino. Of the remaining 40% there is greater weight among the Creoles and the indigenous Itzá and Mopán, and to a lesser extent is the black or Garifuna population that inhabit the municipalities near the south of Belize and North of Izabal.

Guatemala

Guatemala (in Nahuatl: Quauhtlemallan, ‘place of many trees’)? Officially the Republic of Guatemala, is a sovereign state located in Central America, at its north-western extremity, with a large indigenous culture resulting from the Mayan heritage and Castilian influence during the colonial period.

In spite of its relatively small territorial extension, Guatemala counts on a great climatic variety, product of its mountainous relief that goes from the level of the sea until the 4220 meters on that level. This leads to the existence of diverse ecosystems in the country ranging from the mangroves of the Pacific wetlands to the cloud forests of high mountains. It is bordered to the west and north by Mexico, to the east by Belize, the Gulf of Honduras (Caribbean Sea) and the Republic of Honduras, to the southeast by El Salvador, and to the south by the Pacific Ocean. The country has an area of ​​108 889 km². Its capital is Guatemala City, officially called “New Guatemala of the Assumption”. The official language is Spanish, although there are twenty-three Mayan languages, the languages ​​Xinca and Garífuna, the latter spoken by the Afro-descendant population in the Caribbean department of Izabal.

The territory where Guatemala is currently located is part of Mesoamerica and in it, alongside neighboring countries, the Mayan and Olmec cultures were developed.